Dale Glading - Congress
Dale Glading of New Jersey (01) - Candidate for Congress
1. When and how did you become Christian?
Dale Glading: "I was raised in a loving and stable family environment where personal responsibility and good morals were taught and practiced. However, it wasn't until I was 17 years old and a senior in high school that my older brother shared the gospel with me and I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior."
2. How did becoming Christian change you?
Dale Glading: "I grew slowly during my college years, but it took a rough period in my life after graduation for God to really get my attention. In April 1982, I finally placed Christ on the throne of every area of my life."
3. How would you describe your relationship with Jesus today?
Dale Glading: "He is my Savior, my Lord, my best friend and my closest confidant."
4. In the past 12 months, how many minutes have you spent in prayer with Jesus daily?
Dale Glading: "Between the above devotional times, 5-10 minutes per day."
5. In the past 12 months, how many minutes of Bible-reading have you averaged daily?
Dale Glading: "I read Our Daily Bread at home every morning and then a second devotional book at work, followed by prayer. I also try to read a chapter of the Bible at night, although I'm not as consistent with that as I should be."
6. In the past 12 months, what percentage of your income have you returned to God?
Dale Glading: "My wife and I have tithed since we were first married, so I would estimate about 12%."
7. In the past 12 months, how many non-Christians have you told why Jesus died?
Dale Glading: "Since my full-time occupation is as a prison minister, I have the privilege of sharing the gospel with thousands of inmates every year."
8. In the past 12 months, how many church services have you attended?
Dale Glading: "As a congregant and guest speaker, probably 75 or so."
9. Which church do you attend and what is its website address?
Dale Glading: "My family and I currently attend Grace Bible Church in Barrington, NJ. Before we moved to Barrington last May, we were active members of Moorestown BIble Church for 22 years."
10. What has been your greatest failure as a Christian?
Dale Glading: "Not sharing the gospel as often as I should and not living up to God's commandments, especially His teaching to love others as myself."
11. What is the greatest challenge you face today as a Christian?
Dale Glading: "Living for Christ in an ever-darkening world, trying to make a difference for Him until He returns."
12. Which gift(s) has the Holy Spirit given to you, and what fruits has it borne?
Dale Glading: "Administration, preaching/teaching/evangelism, giving and encouragement. These gifts have allowed me to serve as Executive Director of a very successful prison ministry for the past 21 years, and to also serve in my local church as a deacon and Sunday School teacher. They have also helped me to be a better husband and father, although I still fall short in both of these areas."
US Virgin Islands
Statement of Faith
© 2010 GODVOTER.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.